On Wednesday, October 29 at 10:00am ET, the second Wave of Choosing Wisely Canada will launch in the form of a press conference.
National specialty societies releasing physician recommendations and patient pamphlets include:
- Canadian Association of Gastroenterology
- Canadian Association of Medical Oncologists*
- Canadian Association of Pathologists
- Canadian Association of Radiation Oncology*
- Canadian Hematology Society
- Canadian Society for Surgical Oncology*
- Canadian Society for Transfusion Medicine
- Canadian Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Canadian Society of Nephrology
- Canadian Society of Palliative Care Physicians
- Canadian Urological Association
- Occupational Medicine Specialists of Canada
* Will submit a joint list under the leadership of the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (CPAC)
As part of their commitment to educate physicians about Choosing Wisely Canada, the Canadian Medical Association Journal (CMAJ) has formatted recommendations from the first wave of Choosing Wisely Canada into a true-false quiz series. Twelve quizzes will be featured on the CMAJ homepage over an 8-month period. Visit www.cmaj.ca to test your knowledge.
One great success since the Wave 1 launch that was not captured in the overview above is the number of health care delivery organizations that have expressed interest in, or are in the process of, implementing the Choosing Wisely Canada recommendations. There is a real opportunity to form a national learning collaborative and we are in the process of bringing identified ‘early adopters’ together to do so.
If you are an ‘early adopter’ of Choosing Wisely Canada, we want to hear from you! Send us an email at info@ChoosingWiselyCanada.org